Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lady Liberty Tax

You know those Liberty Tax places that always have a sign person out front during tax season?  I'm sure you've seen them, the ones dressed up as the Statue of Liberty or Uncle Sam holding a sign inviting you to come in and get your taxes done.  Well I remember a story told to me by a certain cousin about a time when she was having a really bad day and how the sight of the poor shivering liberty tax person standing out in the rain inspired a bit of an emotional breakdown as she contemplated how much she had to be grateful for inspite of the current difficulties she was facing. . . like not having to stand shivering the cold as a tax store's puppet. 

Well, ever since she shared that story with me, I always think of her when I see the tax people each year.  There's a Liberty Tax place down the street from my office and driving by reminded me once again that my life isn't all that bad.  At least I'm not a chubby old man dressed up as Lady Liberty for work.  :)

No comments: