Saturday, March 2, 2013

A new post!!

Okay, so now that my life has settled down a bit, I've been thinking for a while that I ought to start blogging again, but then I think I should do some really cool post after being MIA for several months, or at least try to catch up on what happened in the meantime, so I've continued to put off doing a new blog post, but I just now decided that there's no reason to wait, so no this is not a super interesting or fantastically revealing post, but just something to get me started again.

I was reading a blog today that I peruse sometimes call "It Just Gets Stranger".  I was first turned on to it by a friend who recommended the snuggie texts post, which I would also highly recommend.  Well today I read this funny post about freckles and it reminded me of a little girl who sat next to me in church one day on my mission.  I was a spectacle to most Filipinoes, young or old with my tall build, long nose, curly red hair and light freckly skin.  Little kids would come up to me on the street all the time just to touch my skin and quite a few pregnant women would come over just to touch my skin or hair in hopes that it would rub off on their unborn child.  (one of the local superstitions).

In any case, one particular little girl was sitting next to me in sacrament meeting one day and had stroked the skin on my arm several times throughout the first 20 minutes of the meeting.  Just when it was completely quiet for the sacrament she leaned over to me and said with a completely serious and awe-struck voice "parang baboy ka" [It's like you're a pig].  Rather surprised, I immediately looked down at her to see if she was kidding only to see her serious little face and hear her continue to explain that I had spots and hair on my skin just like her neighbor's pig.

Needless to say, it didn't make me like my freckles any more.

1 comment:

courtney dalley said...

no way! btw I think freckles are adorable! I'm glad you blogged today! xoxo