Saturday, June 8, 2013

Atlanta

So I had a sort of last minute opportunity to go to an out of town conference this past week.  It was an Evaluation Summit in Atlanta, Georgia put on by the American Evaluation Association.  Sounds fun right?  Well in spite what it may sound like, I found it very enlightening and am quite glad I went, but I won't bore you with all I learned about logical models and evaluation design, instead I'll just skip to some pictures of my sightseeing.


First stop was Centennial Olympic Park.  The Atlanta Olympics are one of the first that I remember getting really excited about.  I was 14 and loved them, so it was really fun to go here and see all the Olympic tributes.  They've really designed quite a nice park.  There are signs and commemorative paving stones everywhere along with a huge water feature in form of olympic ring fountains and a number of other smaller installments of monuments etc.





One of my favorite elements was the "Quilt of Nations", it's a small installment, but I thought it was pretty cool to see all the flags.  


How many countries can you identify? 






















The other place I went was to see the Atlanta Temple.  This was really close to my hotel, so I walked over one afternoon after my conference workshops were done.  Like all temples, it's a lovely building.


On my walk back, I happened across this little alcove of vegetation.  That's one of the things I loved about Atlanta, it was so lush and green!  Of course practically anywhere is lush and green compared to Arizona in the summer, but I still thought these were some beautiful sights.  

























All in all, my trip to Atlanta was a good experience.

No comments: