Saturday, April 27, 2013

A little rant from me. . .

I've done take out at a few different restaurants and have discovered a new pet peeve. Ineffective online ordering systems. I mean why even have an online ordering system if you're not going to keep up with it. Twice now (at two different restaurants) I've arrived 20-30 min after ordering online (according to the pick up time I was given) only to be told that they didn't have an order for me and when I mention I ordered online and had a confirmation, they suddenly find it sitting in the queue. Now this in and of itself is annoying, but the real kicker is both times I've been told I should have called to confirm they received my order.

Really?

Ignoring the fact that nowhere on the website was I instructed to call to confirm, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of online ordering? If I knew I had to call, I'd just place the order over the phone in the first place.

In any case, these experiences have made me much more appreciative of restaurants who have it all figured out. I could care less whether I have to call or can place an order online so long as its processed when I do it.

Rant over.

1 comment:

Amy Bateman said...

What's the point of ordering online if you have to call anyway? I don't blame you for being upset. I suppose the moral of the story is just stick with restaurants that have it together and don't be a repeat customer to those that don't.