Monday, February 10, 2014

My Fictional Child

At some point during the last 7 years I apparently made it onto a mailing list as having a child.  Years ago after I first moved to Arizona I suddenly started to get some preschool and kindergarten mailings.  I never have been able to figure out what put me on that mailing list, but apparently the info is out there in the world because I still get a handful of material in the mail each year that is obviously geared toward the parent of a child.  What has been interesting to me is that my fictional child does seem to be appropriately aging.  Preschool information gave way to grade school tutors and then after school sports programs and this week I received a catalog from a local high school district with an invitiation to consider their schools.  Apparently my non-existent baby is growing right up.  Now if only my absentee husband would come into the picture.

1 comment:

courtney dalley said...

Ha ha! I laughed so hard. You should name him. The first name that comes on t.v. tonight...that's your fictional child. We need to figure all of this out before college!