They say that bad things always happen in threes, well, I figure I'm waiting for my third since my program's being cut and I'll likely be unemployed by the end of the month, and I just had to replace two tires. If bad things always come in threes then I figure I just have one more, and I got lucky yesterday, because I narrowly escaped being seriously injured.
I was driving home from work on the freeway and traffic was surprisingly light. I was getting ready to change lanes to exit at the next exit when I noticed a white car coming up fast in the lane to the right of me. It was swerving a bit, but still managing to stay in it's own lane and I immediately got nervous as I could see that it was a little out of control and coming up really fast. Well as soon as it passed me, the driver lost complete control and the car careened out of control cutting directly in front of me and across the remaining 4 lanes of traffic to my left. (Mind you we're all traveling at least 60 mph). Anyways, it miraculously missed my car and the other two in it's path, then slammed into the median which caused it to flip over twice and land upside down back in the center lane, blocking the center 4 of the 6 lanes.
Well by this point I was well ahead of the accident and had seen all this through my rearview mirror, so I didn't actually see either of the other two cars that ended up crashing into the accident, but needlesss to say, I was a little shaken as I only escaped being involved by feet and seconds, and am grateful that that wasn't my last bad thing. So I'm still patiently waiting for the 3rd.
2 comments:
Okay, forget the third thing. That was close enough to count in my book! So glad you were unscathed!
This is my advice: just avoid trouble!!! Easy enough, I guess. Hey,it's MUCH EASIER than kendo!!! Let me see.... Oh,you try to swing your shinai high, stay square,have keykentainoichi (sword,spirit,and body as 1.).It's pronounnced key-ken-tie-no-ee-chee.Kendo's REALLY DIFFUCULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment