Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hair identity

Well it's no secret that one of the unique things about me is my hair. My whole life people have commented on it and wanted to touch it. And although I certainly like my hair most of the time, I guess I've never thought much about how much it is a part of my identity, but this last weekend, I was reminded of just that. First of all, my friend Kellie straightened it for me on Saturday night. (I don't think this is the best picture as we'd gone swimming and then just washed my hair to straighten it, so I've got no makeup etc. but since I forgot to take any others, this will have to do).
Anyways, the first time I looked in the mirror, I about didn't recognize myself, and had quite a few people comment to that effect the next day at church. Overall I'd have to say that although I think it looked good straight, I prefer it curly for more reasons than just the ease of styling, it's a part of my identity as was evidenced on Monday night at our FHE activity.
We had a baby picture slideshow where we had baby pictures from 35 ward members and had to guess who was who. Although most everyone got mine right (apparently this one is pretty easy to identify) Bro. Christiansen who is one of the counselors in our bishopric commented to me everytime that a picture of a curly haired baby came up that it must be me. He ended up with my name listed for 4 different pictures at the end. Anyways, I thought you'd all get a kick out of these pictures and hair identity stories.

1 comment:

Amy Bateman said...

Sorry Becky, straight hair just isn't you! It looks good straight, it just isn't the same person.