Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shooters on the loose!

So I had an interesting experience earlier this week, Tuesday night my roommate and I were both home just hanging out getting ready for bed when I got an odd text from a friend of mine asking if I was okay. Well of course I was and texted back indicating such and asking why the sudden concern, when he informed me that the news was broadcasting a story about a shooting across the road from my apartment. I of course turned on the news and got online to a) make sure he wasn't just pulling my leg, and b) to get all the up to date details.
Well lo and behold, there had been a shooting at the apartment complex across the road and apparently the shooters had both taken off on foot, so the police had blocked off all the neighboring parking lots and were searching the area with officers on foot and a helicopter. Honestly we couldn't even hear the sirens from inside my apartment because our building sits a ways off the road, and I'm sure we were never in any danger, in fact logically speaking we were probably the safest area of the valley because I'm sure the shooters fled the area as quickly as they could and the increased police presence probably made our neighborood very safe, but it definitely was a little spooky, and I admittedly was a little more nervous walking out into the parking lot to my car the next morning.
However, rest assured that I feel very safe in my apartment complex, which may sound like denial since there was apparently a shooting right across the road, but in all honestly, I do have to admit that my complex is pretty quiet and a little more upscale than most. And I love that we live all the way at the back because we don't really get any random traffic.

No comments: