So we've been having some windy weather here lately, which certainly isn't anything I haven't experienced before (after all I am from SE Idaho) but it's very unusual for this area, and certainly makes me glad I live where wind is more of an oddity than a regular reality. My sympathies to those of you who live in perpetually windy areas, I have to say that wind is probably my least favorite phenomenon.
I had a meeting for work the other day with a site coordinator at one of the high schools I work with, who also happens to be the head track coach. Anyways, just talking to him brought back all sorts of memories of my track days including the many wonderfully windy practices and meets where it seemed the wind was really out to get us, and then the rare but wonderful days when there was no wind, and how wonderful it was, but how we always had to move back our marks for pole vault to accommodate for the lack of resistance, not that we complained, but it was ironic that our normal marks were always the ones adjusted for the wind and we were thrown off by the completely non-windy days. Ah the memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment