Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's easy? being green

I have a wonderful coworker named Denise who is the most planet conscious person I know. She really lives her life by the 4 Rs, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Renew. She makes quite the case and her habits have rubbed off on a lot of us at the office. Simple, easy things like double sided printing, bringing her own tupperware when we go out to lunch to hold the leftovers in, turning off the power strip when it's not in use, and drinking from reusable waterbottles. It occurred to me last week while I was picking up my groceries and running some other errands (all using my reusable canvas bags) that sometimes being green is pretty easy, and while it took me a while to get in the habit of it, I don't even think twice anymore about it, however, being green isn't always easy, like when taking public transportation takes 3 times as long as just driving, but alas, I still try to do my part when possible. I've got a ways to go to catch up to Denise, but I'm tryin. :)

No comments: