Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Things I wish I could've said

Dear parent, when you send your nine year old to summer camp in a purple t-shirt and two french braids, don't be alarmed when I mistake him for a girl.

Dear meeting organizer, if you'd start starting on time, people would eventually stop showing up later and later.

Dear teenager, when I say, "Listen up and I'll answer all your questions about the lungs" you'll probably get your answer if you just listen up.

Dear driver, your honking in the one lane construction zone is not going to make the line of cars ahead of you suddenly decide to all run the red light so you can turn right.

Dear woman in the grocery store, when you have your phone on speaker phone sitting in your cart where no one can see it, don't glare when all the people around you assume you're talking to them instead of the invisible silent caller on the other end of the phone.

And there you go. . . Things I wish I could have said, but alas, the manners and tact won out.

No comments: